JOIN OUR TEAM
We are looking for a part-time 6-12 hour part-time position admin/assistant. This position is mostly remote, but looking for someone who is East Bay Local (Alameda/San Leandro/Fremont/SJ areas) that would be able to come into the office or meet atleast once a week.
Job duties include:
- Package, ship, label for orders
- Creates and sends out invoices through our accounting software
- Checks emails multiple times a day/ must be responsive
- Cheerfully answers emails, make calls as needed
- Scan artwork and make minor photoshop edits
- Upload artwork/product images to our website
- Track attendees/products sales
- Draft contracts/agreements
- Organize, document new orders
- Inventory and handles re-orders of sketch-kit supplies
- Keeps inbox filed & organized
- Scan, copy, pick up art-prints as needed
- Research, list building
- Upkeep website backend, must be squarespace proficient or willing to learn
- Grab photos and documents for dropbox whenever needed
- Coordinates/schedules my appointments/mtgs
- Troubleshoots technical issues (calling paypal, squarespace, troubleshooting, refunds, etc.)
- Has impeccable follow through and organization skills
- Someone who is willing to clean the office or organize and pack items to my car
- Grab lunch, coffee, run errands as needed
- Hand-write letters
*This is not a design or creative position, but must have interest in special events/arts/creative field
** Will work closely with Mary
Looking for someone who:
- Prides themselves on being highly organized
- Have good writing + basic math abilities
- Has a can-do attitude
- Great communication skills
- Takes direction well
- Is pro-active
- Is a team player
- Enjoys going out on monthly team activities
- Is a fast learner
- Is cheerful, upbeat, easy-going, and friendly disposition
- Is Always in service, asks what they can help with next
- Is independent, ok with no structure
- Is excel, word, social media platform proficient
- Has a valid driver's license + access to reliable car
- Can commit to 6-12 hours/week, weekly hours fluctuate depending on the seasons and needs of the business.
- Can meet up atleast 1 time a week in Fremont office or East Bay Area (San Leandro, Alameda areas)
- Must be East Bay Local (Alameda, San Leandro, Oakland, Fremont, etc. )
Pay starts at $15/hour+
RESUMES DUE BY January 15, 2018 •
INTERVIEWS SCHEDULED SAME WEEK for qualified applicants. Unfortunately, we will not be able to respond to all applicants.
Please email your:
1. Your resume
2. Add Cover Letter in the body of the email letting us know why you are the best fit for this position
3. In subject headline put: "I AM YOUR ROCKSTAR ADMIN"
2018 Sketch Instructor
Do you have what it takes to be a The Sketchbook Series traveling instructor? Are you charismatic, coachable, have a illustration background, open to traveling, and want to share your talents with the world? This could be just for you!
The Sketchbook Series was started in 2013 and now we are expanding and looking for amazing sketch instructors to continue the Sketch revolution for creative professionals! Mary teaches with graphite pencils , Copic markers, and finishes with black ink - must have illustration style similar to Mary's style and experience teaching adults in a easy going, upbeat, friendly, nurturing style - Must have sense of humor! Must get along with all types of people.
This is not a full time job.
Job duties include:
- Learning the course curriculum
- Familiarize with event/wedding/design vocabulary
- Must be coachable and learn Mary's style of teaching
- Setting up and packing class supplies for each class
- Tracking and sending thank you notes/emails to participants after each class
- Open to traveling within US and Abroad without an assistant
- Train with Mary as her assistant for up to 3 classes before leading your own class
- Represents brand in a professional manner
- Passionate about teaching intro/novice level sketching to non-sketchers in wedding/event/interior space/corporate teams
- Must have a charismatic, patient, helpful, supportive teaching style leading a class of 10-35 adults
- Have a background in teaching illustration or similar in front of adults and large audiences
- Experience teaching other types of disciplines; Digital sketching, interior design, perspectives, renderings, fashion design is a HUGE PLUS++
- Preferred degree in art, design or at least 3 years related professional experience
- Organized and reliable
- Willing to purchase your own instructor's marker sets/supplies
ToApply, Deadline 1/10 - In subject headline: I AM YOUR NEXT INSTRUCTOR!
Must check spelling and grammatically correct to be considered. You will not get a response back if you don't follow instructions.
1. Must send a video of yourself teaching a sample lesson up to 5 minutes long.
2. Cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this unique opportunity!
3. Resume + sample sketches or portfolio
Paid Training is Hourly. All Travel expenses paid.
DOE, please submit desired compensation for instruction.
Looking to start as early as January 2018